PRESS RELEASE 2014:
SINGAPORE – “What Do Men Want?” Premieres on Mediacorp’s Channel 5, Tues 14th October 10pm.
A brutally honest, edgy, romantic comedy series.
Quotes from Focus Group
- “Solid performances, clever script, beautiful visuals – I’m addicted!” Timothy Tan
- “If this is the future of Singapore drama then I’m really excited!” Sarah Lim
- “Fast paced but with so much heart” Jon Peck
- “WDMW plays out every guy’s struggles with women, work and purpose using comic truthfulness with a dash of craziness. It’s one of the few shows where I grew with characters. I laughed where they laughed and cried where they cried. Now that’s a powerful show” Rovik Jeremiah Robert
- “Surprising twists and turns – just like a Korean drama” Leanne Sim
- “A fresh, hilarious, touching new drama that’ll have you hooked from start to finish” Nelson Lau
- “What starts as a comedy quickly takes hilarious twists and turns; ending in a moving romance – with a bit of bro-mance thrown in” Andrew Keegan
- “Secret mens’ business – honest, classy and beautiful” Bruce Png
Sneak Peek of Episode Titles
- “Menage a trois”
- “How NOT to say ‘I love you’”
- “Sleep where the power lies”
A bachelor pad, two struggling actors (Jimmy and Bob), a bunch of women, a love quadrangle and secret men’s business. A coming of age story of two 30-something-year-old “kids” looking for meaning and love in all the wrong places.
“What Do Men Want?” is a 13 (half-hour) episode series that will air on Mediacorp’s Toggle.sg in August 2014. As a first in Singapore, the entire original series will be available on launch for binge consumption.
- Jason Chan (Green Power Ranger – Power Rangers Ninja Storm)
- Christian Joel Lee ( Kung Foo Killers, Marco Polo)
- Charis Vera Ng
- Glory Ngim
- Pavan Singh
WRITER, DIRECTOR, PRODUCERS:
- Jason Chan
- Christian Lee
REVIEW of Episode 1
American novelist reviewed Episode 1.
Stills from the Production: